The League began with a simple mission — find ways to help women advance in local government. What the group learned along the way is we need everyone to GET ENGAGED — women and men — to increase the number of female chief executives and senior leaders in local, regional and even state government.
We also need partners for this journey and are pleased to work with national, state associations and women’s groups such as the International City/County Management Association, The Legacy Project in Illinois, The 16/50 Project in Michigan, and Women Leading Government chapters in CA, AZ, TX, CO and MA, as well as the Local Government Hispanic Network, Engaging Local Government Leaders, and the National Association of Black Public Administrators, to name a few.
But, we still need YOUR help! There are many ways for YOU to GET ENGAGED including:
- Sharing YOUR ideas with the League – what can we do to help the women in your state or region?
- Telling us about learning opportunities for women in your area and we will post on our website for broader reach.
- Volunteering to host a networking event for women in local government in your region – especially if no official women’s group exists in your area.
- Working with the League to establish a local government women’s group in your region/state.
- Contributing an article for the League website and newsletter.
- Helping us share information through our social media accounts.
- Mentoring or coaching a woman in local government.
- Serving as an interview prep resource for someone in the job market.
- Sharing the promotions and new positions of women in your area so we may include a celebratory post on our website and social media.
- Make a donation to the League! Every dollar counts and since the League pays no salaries, 100% of your donation goes towards our annual work plan.
We need YOUR brainpower to grow our network which benefits all women in local government.